Professional Packers and Movers Serving Scarborough and Greater Toronto, ONIn the chaos of moving preparations, one of the most important parts often doesn’t get enough attention, or gets forgotten completely until the last minute – Packing! Moving large items has its obvious challenges, but packing can be one of the most difficult parts of moving, particularly across long distances. Protecting small and delicate items with proper packing is crucial, that’s where the packers and movers of Lewis Abbeywood Moving & Storage come in.
Lewis Abbeywood Moving & Storage has the experience to handle any of your packing needs. From everyday household dishes and fragile items, to sophisticated medical equipment, our expert staff can ensure that whatever it is that you’re moving, it will be prepared to make the trip damage-free.
Why Choose Lewis Abbeywood’s Packers and Movers?
- Most common packing mistakes that occur are not filling tops and spaces in cartons with paper, or linens, to ensure contents of the carton do not shift in transit. We use industry standard packing techniques to keep your belongings from damaging during transit. Because all your items are unique, there’s a different packing technique for everyone!
- Having us pack your goods allows you to stay living comfortably in your home until just a day or two before your move date, and gets you unpacked and settled into your new home just a day or two after. This is what our expert packers are well versed in.
- Because most moves are charged by weight and time, we ensure that our type of packing reduces the amount of boxes needed; therefore reducing the weight which ultimately puts some money back in your pocket.
- Another benefit of going with our packing services that you might not be aware of is our Unpacking Services which is included in the packing costs. This makes the move in the process even more efficient, and all the debris is removed by us so you don’t have to struggle with the empty boxes and used paper.
- All goods that we pack are fully covered by our replacement value protection. Many people do not realize that movers are not liable for items packed by the owner.
Kitchen or Breakables Packing
- The kitchen is often the most stressful and time-consuming room to pack. This is essentially due to the number of items and more importantly, the level of care and careful wrapping it requires due to its fragility.
- Our experienced and professional movers know how to accurately pack up your kitchen valuables as well as other breakables in order to keep them safe throughout the move.
- We have the right tools and equipment to ensure your kitchen and breakables are packed safely for your move, and we can do this for a fraction of the price of a full pack!
- Let us make this burdensome task as stress-free as possible for you.
Custom Packing and Crating
For high value art, granite or marble, or other unusual and delicate items, crating may be the best option. For example, you would need to crate certain parts of your pool table because it has delicate stone service. If you would like to have an item crated, please let us know, and a friendly consultant will visit your home for a free, no-obligation estimate, in order to get the dimensions of your crate, and create an inventory of your items to be shipped.
Tips For Future Moving Packers:
- Have a garage sale, donate unwanted items, and take a trip to your local dump to recycle and dispose unwanted items.
- Separate valuable items, and personal information from items being packed, and keep them on your person.
- Leave light, non-breakable items in the dresser and cabinet drawers. Soft light items like clothes or towels are fine as is.
- You do not need to empty drawers, or take things out for our crews to pack — they will pack everything in your home right where it is.
- If you are moving appliances that have a water line, disconnect it as early as you can so our packing crews can prepare it for transit.